Ok, the quiz for this week revolves around the various Asian communities and people who have spread round the globe. Obviously you could just look this stuff up on Google or Wikipedia, but where would be the fun in that? Have a guess and let me know how you did.
1. Outside of Japan, which country has the largest number of ethnic Japanese?
2. Which South American countries were these Asian men the Presidents of?
(a) Alberto Fujimori
(b) Arthur Chung
(c) Ramsewak Shankar
3. In 1972, Rohan Kanhai became the first person of East Indian descent to captain which prestigious sporting side?
4. Which person of Indian ancestry held the Number 1 ranking in World Golf for 32 weeks?
5. Which ethnic group, of whom many have migrated to the USA as refugees, were known by the French as Montagnards ("Mountain People")?
6. Which "Indian" dish is regarded as Britain's favourite restaurant dish and was reportedly invented in either London or Glasgow?
7. Regularly rated as one of the greatest rock singers of all time, which ethnic Parsi (Indian-Zoroastrian) was born in Zanzibar and went to school in Bombay before moving to London?
8. Of the nearly 2 million Malaysians of Indian origin, 90% of them belong to which ethnic group?
9. Aside from China and Taiwan, which 3 Asian countries have the largest Chinese communities?
10. These men are the last 3 Presidents of which country?
I'll leave the answers in the comments section, perhaps combined with a little relevant trivia.
Also check the previous quiz about variations of European names.