Monday, October 5, 2009

Asians and their love of cheesy ballads

From the most chic beret-wearing bohemian Asian to the most hardcore Asian gangbanger, all will passionately belt out an emotional Mariah Carey number if you get them into a karaoke bar. There are nomadic hunter-gatherers in the jungles of Malaysia who cannot read, write or speak English yet who can somehow sing every verse of “Everything I Do I Do It For You”.


That's from a piece I wrote for the website Stuff Asian People Like. Click the link to read the rest of it.



And to prove that I myself am far from immune from the cheese, here is a very brief clip of me and my boys getting cheesy at karaoke. Not a ballad per se, but its a Color Me Badd song. Cheesy. Non-Asians would be ashamed of something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment