Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spot the Sample: Jackie Mittoo - "Free Soul"

Hey kids, let's play a game! Listen to this classic reggae joint and try and guess what popular song sampled it.

It's not too hard, if you have an average working knowledge of modern popular music you can probably guess it.

The original track is by legendary Jamaican producer and keyboard player, Jackie Mittoo.



Leave your answer as a comment. I'll answer it myself in a little while if no one else does.

The prize for a correct answer is - ok, there's no prize, but I'll make you a cup of tea if you drop round sometime.

6 comments:

  1. Oh come on y'all, that was easy.

    The answer is "Smile" by Lily Allen.

    No cup of tea for you then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear i was going to suggest something by amy winehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Amy Winehouse is kinda close I guess.
    But you can hear it, right?
    When I came across the Mittoo track it was eerily familiar and it took me a moment to work out why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that you've mentioned it, i can totally hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was bullied on the road in a traffic jam by this black toyota harrier...unscrupulous driver with no road ethics WTF 9892. LOOK OUT FOR him

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was bullied on the road in a traffic jam by this black toyota harrier...unscrupulous driver with no road ethics WTF 9892. LOOK OUT FOR him

    ReplyDelete