Sunday, May 3, 2009

Awesome Asian Ads - Indonesia

Just to add context to this first one, the word susu has the double meaning of both "milk" and "breast".


While its surprising to see ads like these in a Muslim country, I know a great many Indonesian men who love a bit of bawdy humour, so I guess it's not too surprising. The Eurasian hottie in this one is model/actress Asmirandah Zantman.



This last one's not a funny one, but I like it. Given that smoking is virtually the Indonesian national pastime, its nice to see a clever anti-smoking ad out there, even though its impact would probably be akin to shouting into a hurricane. The ad references the traditional prayers done at Muslim funerals.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these commercials are really clever! I stayed in Indonesia a few months when I was younger. I thought the smoking one was pretty powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I actually find Indonesian TV to be pretty lame most of the time, but occasionally they have some good stuff. The shaking pectorals do it for me (though not in THAT way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pectorals is my favourite of the 3! Though, I also find Indonesian TV to be lame, since I haven't been there in a long time I kind of miss it in all it's cheesy glory.

    ReplyDelete